So as some of you may know a short 3 years ago I finished my crazy advent calendar in the middle of my third pregnancy while I was moving. I would have probably never attempted it had it not been the perfect storm of craziness and hormones in my life, but I did it!! If you would like a reminder on that project or some of the crazy involved link to here. Well now I get the awesome job of filling it with things for me and my kiddos to do to feel the Christmas Spirit each day! So here is my list this year!
1. Ice Skating (I bought a voucher on groupon a few months ago and now I'm going to use it, yay)
2. Open a Christmas book and read it. (I have a couple left over from last year's 12 books of Christmas that we did)
3. Go through toys and find ones to donate and take them as a family to Goodwill (I would do DI but it is far from us now :/ )
4. Make the house smell like Christmas. ( Maybe some of this, and some pumpkin bread)
5. Make Christmas Decorations. We will be wrapping cones in yarn like these.
6. Decorate our bedroom doors for Christmas with wrapping paper and bows.
7. Go to Hospitality Night in Laguna Beach. See Santa!!
8. Open New Pajamas in the a.m. and wear them to our Breakfast with Santa Ward Party.
9. Make and decorate sugar cookies
10. Make chocolate chip cookies for the Sister Missionaries
11. Make marshmallow stirrers and use in our hot chocolate
12. Make a treat to take to a friend.
13. Color a Christmas Picture.
14. Make red and green playdough.
15. Visit the Los Angeles Temple, bring our own hot chocolate!
16. Open a book from Great Grandma, (she actually passed away this year but she had given the boys a book last year that was a recording of her reading it. It didn't work the first time or we erased it or something, I'm not sure but she rerecorded it and got it back to us after Christmas and it was wrapped so I put it back in the box till' the following year. Sadly she passed away a couple months later but we have this sweet book. I think the boys will love it)
17. Minivan Polar Express! we are totally doing this. I cannot wait.
18. Make sugar cone Christmas Trees. (this is where I say we like treats a lot at our house)
19. Open a Christmas Book and read it. ( our last one)
20. Christmas movie with popcorn.
21. Take the train to Santa at Irvine Regional Park (we have never done this before, so I am excited to try it)
22. Watch a movie about the birth of Christ.
23. Read Luke Chapter 2
24. Make cookies for Santa. ( this is also one of our family Christmas Parties so we will be out most of the day. So this will be a fun morning activity)
25. Christmas!! My absolute favorite day of every single year!!