Monday, March 17, 2014

Valentine's Day at the Low Place


 We decorated the house!  And made our Valentines!  These turned out super cute!





Valentine's Morning was fun for everyone!  Doughnuts and Valentines for my boys!  Flowers for the Mama!





On Valentine's Day we decided to head over to the pool and soak up some rays.  Gotta love So Cal.  Then we headed home to get ready for our big party!






 Getting ready for our big V-day Party!







Our first activity at the party was to decorate a bag for Valentine's and then to decorate cupcakes.




 We had these with some milk.








 Since I have a bunch of boys V-day is not particularly enticing but if I add an Olympic Challenge to the party it is another story.  I decided that although we were in the middle of the Winter Olympics really summer ones applied better to us here in sunny land.  We went with the javelin (a straw), discus (paper plates taped together), shotput (a tape ball), and long jump!  I was so grateful to my friend, Kathy, who made the medals for the awards and to Kristen who brought the paper goods and to Michelle, who supplied the milk which was a lot for 18 kids.








I was demonstrating the proper way to throw the discus...hilarious that Kathy got a picture!

Here were our winners of the V-Day Olympic Challenge!

 Discus:  Viktor, Carmen, Ethan
 Shotput:  Victor, Noah, Adam
 Javelin:  Ethan, Kevin, Viktor


Long Jump:  Scotty, Noah, Viktor

Viktor actually got a medal in all the events, He had a good day at the V-day Olympics





 Then it was time for some Milk and Cake!



We were so excited to have our friends the Johnson's in town from Normal, Illinois.  I love seeing my friend Cherry anytime she is in visiting her family in Irvine.  She has 4 kiddos that are just so sweet and cute.  Kevin and her second kiddo were great friends when they were little and always have fun seeing each other.




That is a lot of kiddos at our table!  I love it!


Finally we handed out our Valentine's and headed home!


and me and my Valentine headed out on our date and left our awesome babysitter to put our sugar crazed children to bed!  

Happy V-Day from the Low Family!

No comments: