Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Field trips

Last week I decided I would take the boys to the Natural History Museum for their free home-school day on the following Monday.  Sometime between last week and this past Sunday I forgot I had decided that.  But I had told people that I was going apparently.  Sunday I got a Facebook message from someone I didn't know, a friend of a mutual friend, asking if I was still planning on going and that she had heard I was.  Well although I had never met this sweet lady, I decided it was a good kick in the butt for me and thought why not lets go, even though it seems like a lot of trouble this late in the game.  So Monday morning she came with her bigger than my van and picked us all up and we got to know some new friends while riding up to LA.  We ended up having so much fun and the boys and I met a new friend that lives right here local and they are super sweet and fun.
We actually ended up hitting both the NHM and the California Science Center right next door.  The boys loved the dinosaur bones and the woolly mammoth bones.  They got to touch some real fossils too.  We also barely escaped a dino stampede



 Next we headed over to the CSC and the boys got to test their physical abilities on the rock wall.  Adam made it all the way to the top along with his new friend!  But what could be better than a day full of bones and dinosaurs for a bunch of boys?  That same day ending up at a space shuttle, that's what!!  The boys were excited to see how people pottied in space for sure...that was the dinner conversation that evening along with all the glorious things they saw in the Rot Room.  We had to quickly change the subject so that no one truly lost their appetite.


I'm so glad we went and got to meet some new friends and see some fun and exciting new things!

No comments: